Once an order is placed for personalised pens or other promotional products, we will ask you to provide either finished artwork or an idea of how you would like the products printed. We will make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible and provide a visual of your artwork laid out on the product you have chosen, for your approval before we start printing.
If You Supply Artwork:
- All our products show measurements of the area available for printing, which we will discuss with you to make sure it is suitable for your promotional message or logo. We will take care to ensure fine print and logos are legible for your target audience and the message on your promotional product is a clear one.
- Once you are satisfied the print area is adequate, your artwork should be generated to fit within the print area.
- Print colours can be matched to a Pantone Colour reference or we can match to a hard copy sample of a previously printed product or letterhead. It is best to avoid printing bright colours on dark coloured products, as the final print colour may turn out dull. We can only generate closely matched colours on white or lightly-coloured promotional products. If the promotional item chosen is very dark, it is advisable to use safe print colours such as white, silver or gold. These inks are opaque and will cover the background colour of the item being printed. Metallic printed colours are not as durable as conventional colours due to their formulation. We offer an overprinted varnish on some products to prolong the life of metallic inks.
- Listed below are guidelines of artwork formats suitable for your requirements.
- Your artwork can be sent to us by e-mail and we will send back a visual proof of the artwork as it would appear on the selected promotional product.
- Before we proceed to production we will ask for your approval of the artwork proof.
If we create your artwork:
- Taking all the above into account, we will advise you the best way of printing your promotional message.
- There is no charge for setting up simple text artwork. Should your logo or design need to be redrawn, we offer this service at a very reasonable cost and we will supply you with proper artwork files for your future use.
- Upon your approval of the artwork cost (if any), your artwork will generated and a visual emailed to you to show the layout and print colours.
- If any changes to the artwork are required, we adjust the artwork accordingly and submit a revised visual for your approval until you are satisfied with the design and layout.
- After approval, we will e-mail you a visual showing the print in position on the promotional item that you ordered.
- Before we proceed to production, you will be required to sign off the artwork proof.
Artwork Formats - Line Colours
- If you are supplying artwork it should be created in Adobe Illustrator and saved as vector EPS (.ai) formats or equivalent, with all text converted to outlines.
- If there is more than one print colour, each colour should be on a separate layer, marked with its Pantone Colour reference.
Artwork Formats - Full Colour Printing
- Ideally these should be supplied as a TIFF files (.tif) however, Photoshop (.psd) is also acceptable. High resolution Jpeg (.jpg) formats may be acceptable.
- Files should be output at 300dpi
- Black artwork should be saved as 100% black and not made up from the full colour set, otherwise black printing may appear in a different shade.